Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A kick on the nuts

I was my way home and stuck in traffic last night and out of nowhere there was this overwhelming feeling of missing my daughter. Boom! Although, I was going home to her still I wanted to call her. Too bad, I was not able to talk to her because no one was answering the GOD DAMN mobile phone. So I was left with me talking to her in my head, the setting was she and I in a future conversation.

Here's how it went:

My Kid: Why is mommy not here with us?
Dad: Because she is working abroad.
My Kid: But why aren't you together whenever she comes home.
Dad: (Oh Boy! My baby is now a lady…)

All of a sudden reality started kicking me on my fuck-nuts, I am screwed I told to myself how should I respond to this question? It won't be long until she starts asking these questions in my face. Do I sugar coat reality to her? Should I avoid this conversation and just bring her to "Toy Kingdom"? Ha Ha Ha!

I was practicing all sorts of lines in my head, specially the ones used in movies. All of them, I found cheesy and insincere. Before I knew it I have to get off the shuttle. So I said to myself, here is the plan "Be the coolest and loving dad you can be, even if you are the one to break the most hurtful truths".

No comments: